Spaceman Effects Explorer Deluxe Optical Phaser Guitar Effects Pedal (Silver Edition)
The Explorer Deluxe is an optical, photocell-based phaser design, featuring six sweeping stages. From your favorite vintage tones, to strange experimental sounds; the unique control set provides an incredible range of phase tones, with an easy-to-use layout.
Named after the first satellite put into orbit by the United States in 1958, the Explorer Deluxe is the first phaser put into orbit by Spaceman. Just like its satellite namesake, this phaser also features an onboard cosmic ray detector.
The Explorer Deluxe is an optical, photocell-based phaser design, featuring six sweeping stages. From your favorite vintage tones, to strange experimental sounds; the unique control set provides an incredible range of phase tones, with an easy-to-use layout. The Explorer Deluxe is our most feature-packed pedal ever, and is truly a deluxe phaser.
We start with a Level control, so you can always dial in the perfect volume for your phase tone. The Mix control is one our favorites, as it gives you the ability to blend-in additional dry signal for a pleasant, subtle phasing effect. This control also has a secondary function: pitch modulation when set to 100% wet.
The Speed control is a wide-range control, which allows for both extremely slow, and extremely fast modulation. Resonance dials-in resonant feedback, which allows for those over-the-top phase tones we all know and love. Range offers unique control over the low-frequency extension of the phasing. At its lower settings, only the higher frequencies are phased – useful for dialing in vibrato and rotary speaker tones. Turning up the Range control stretches the phaser’s reach into very low frequencies; which is especially great for slow, deep phasing.
Five wave shapes are available via the Shape rotary switch. Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw-Up and Saw-Down. The sixth position on this control, the Manual setting, disconnects the LFO and freezes the phase sweep. Using the Speed control, you can then control the position of the sweep manually, for unique tone-shaping possibilities. Under the jewel lamp are two indicators: Red for LFO monitoring; and Blue to indicate that the pedal is engaged. We’ve included an internal switch to turn off LFO monitoring if desired.
Saving the best for last, the Explorer Deluxe is the first Spaceman pedal to include an Expression pedal input. When using the five LFO wave shapes, the expression input controls the speed of the LFO. In manual mode, the expression input controls the manual sweep of the phaser. This allows for very cool “wah-pedal” style phase sweeping, especially when combined with the Resonance control.
The Explorer Deluxe includes internal pre-gain adjustment for overly hot instruments, and can be run at up to 24v DC for even more clean headroom if desired (9v DC standard operation). This pedal does not include battery hookup.
The Explorer Deluxe is completely hand-soldered and handmade in Portland Oregon to the highest degree of quality possible. These are truly artisan-crafted tone devices, sparing no detail within or without. The Explorer Deluxe utilizes true-bypass switching via the heaviest duty mechanical footswitch available, while your tone is transferred via quality open-frame Switchcraft jacks. Open one up and you’ll see an unparalleled display of craftsmanship; with immaculate hand-soldered PCB’s, and detailed military-spec wiring. On top of its cast aluminum enclosure sits a durable, engraved vinyl faceplate and indicator jewel. This pedal is truly built to last a lifetime.
Warranty & Returns Information
This product is covered under a 1 Year Local Supplier Warranty. Any warranty claims should be submitted directly to Tone Masters. For more information on warranty claims, please refer to our "Warranty Policy" page.
Not happy with your purchase? No problem! Simply return your product to us within 30 days from date of purchase to qualify for a full refund**.
This product qualifies for our 30-Day Return Money Back Guarantee policy. For more information, please refer to our Refund Policy page.
Pick-up, Postage & Delivery
^ COD subject to the area encompassing Seksyen 13, Shah Alam, Malaysia. Normal meet-up point is usually near Tesco Bulatan Kayangan, Seksyen 13, Shah Alam OR Extreme Park Seksyen 13, Shah Alam. Please contact us to arrange meet-up time and place.
Our choice of courier service is PosLaju for domestic deliveries and EMS for international deliveries. Postage is normally free of charge for most of our products unless otherwise stated. Should you have any other preference of courier delivery service, please contact us for further information.
Express Direct Delivery
^^ We provide personal express direct delivery within the Klang Valley area. This service is subject to additional surcharges to cover cost of fuel and tolls. Delivery rates differ according to zones and areas. Please contact us for more info on the delivery rates of this service.
We accept trade-ins for most of our sales transactions. See below for trade-in guidelines:
- Item that is to be traded-in must be present during sales transaction. If your purchase is by postage method, we will charge the full amount of the product and upon receiving and inspection of the traded-in product, will refund back the differences to the customer.
- Ensure that the product's condition that you'd like to trade-in is still in working condition. We do not accept broken or damaged products.
* Trade-ins are subject to the product's condition. Product must be deemed "sellable" by us to qualify for trade-in. We reserve the right to refuse any products which do not meet our trade-in guidelines.
More about Tone Masters
- We sell new and used musical products
- We make it easier for you to buy!
- Trade in accepted*. Refer "Purchasing Info" section for more info
- We ship worldwide! Free shipping above certain amounts. Refer to the selected shipping provider at checkout
- 30-Day Return Money Back Guarantee**. Refer "Warranty &Returns Information" section for more info
- Most of our products are covered under warranty. Refer "Returns & Warranty Information" section for more info
- We accept cash, bank transfers, credit/debit card, Paypal and Money Order payments
- We do COD^, Express Direct Delivery^^, and Postage. Refer "Pick-up, Postage & Delivery" section for more info
- LIKE our Facebook page, and FOLLOW us on Instagram for the latest in offers, promotions, contests, and updates - @OfficialToneMasters
Find us on other e-commerce platforms through the links below: